"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you did not do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour, catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore,.....Dream,.......Discover."

Mark Twain

Friday, September 14, 2012

Still in Nyack

  We went to land yesterday, off loaded our knapsacks and camera ,things we needed to carry while exploring the town . When I looked down I noticed that I didn"t have shoes on. I don't wear them on the boat so I didn't even notice. I left Muriel on the dock and I started back to the mooring. Half way back the motor conks out. Several tries to get it to start, but no luck. Had to row. Got my shoes, then rowed the little more than a quarter mile back to shore. I had taken so long , I caused a bit of worry.  Hey, I'm no olympic rower. After some investigation it was found out that the pick up tube inside the tank had fallen off. We finally walked to the hardware store after several attempts to fix it with available hose at the dock.
     We stopped into a local pub ( O'Malley's) for lunch and beer. Met a retired  Irish gentleman that was having a pint while his wife shopped. He had quite view on life. Had applied at the TCC ( TTC) but they turned him down. Ended up working for the New York City system. He had worked in Toronto and had  family living in Oakville.  When we told him we were travelling by boat, he asked us if we wanted to sleep in a real bed tonight. We thanked him but declined.


  When we got back, repaired the tank then out to our mooring to have dinner. It took us all day. This cruising life is hard work.
  Weather still has been fantastic with sunshine all day but the mornings are cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment